The following are articles from newspapers, blogs, and other news sources throughout the Commonwealth and the country featuring members of the Virginia Senate Republican Caucus.
- Senator Emmett Hanger
- Cash-strapped states go online, hoping to tax sales – The Washington Post - For years, consumers have counted a legal quirk that allows many Internet retailers to forgo charging sales tax as one of the perks of shopping online.
- Riverstone Funding Approved – The Gazette-Virginian - The Virginia Tobacco Indemnification and Community Revitalization Commission has approved $471,000 for a power upgrade project at Riverstone Technology Park.
- Senator Frank Ruff
- Leaf Comm. funding okayed – South Hill Enterprise - The full Virginia Tobacco Commission (VTC) met Thursday to approve a variety of grants for the Southside Virginia region including a $1,250,000 grant to the Mecklenburg County Industrial Development Authority to be used to purchase and refurbish the Harden Manufacturing Facility at the Airport Industrial Complex in La Crosse.
- Senator Frank Wagner
- Va. coast wind farm wouldn't harm Navy operations – Winston-Salem Journal - A new report says a wind farm off the coast of Virginia Beach wouldn't affect Navy or NASA operations in the area.
- Offshore wind could supply 10% of Virginia's power demands – The Daily Press - An offshore wind farm could provide 10 percent of Virginia's electricity demands without interfering with Defense Department operations, a new report states.