The following are articles from newspapers, blogs, and other news sources throughout the Commonwealth and the country featuring members of the Virginia Senate Republican Caucus.
- Multiple Senators
- Retirement funds may aid budget – fredericksburg.com - As lawmakers prepare to cut $4 billion from the next two-year budget without raising taxes, they're looking to borrow from state employees' retirement to cover part of it.
- Senator Emmett Hanger, Jr.
- Internet sales tax bill dies in subcommittee – The News & Advance - Virginia won’t start this year to collect tax on purchases people make on the Internet, a House of Delegates subcommittee decided Wednesday.
- Senator William Wampler
- Virginia Tax Measure for Space Not in Budget – Spaceports - Virginia state legislators are having the toughest legislative session in decades with the state budget cuts amounting to over $4-billion over the next two years and creating at atmosphere that lead to the defeat of measures in the Senate and House of budget amendments to divert sales taxes and/or state income tax earnings from human spaceflight to the operational budget of the state's commercial spaceport.
- Budget conferees are a veteran group – Richmond Times-Dispatch - When it comes to fashioning a compromise budget with the House, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Charles J. Colgan, D-Prince William, is keeping his friends close and his enemies closer.