The following are articles from newspapers, blogs, and other news sources throughout the Commonwealth and the country featuring members of the Virginia Senate Republican Caucus.
- Senator Emmett Hanger, Jr.
- Retailers want sales tax collected on Internet – The Richmond Times-Dispatch - Bricks-and-mortar retailers are stepping up their push for legislation that would force their Internet competitors to collect Virginia’s 5 percent sales tax.
- Retailers support sales tax bill – Tidewater News - When Robert Mackan took his office supply business from Main Street to the Information Superhighway, he didn’t imagine many roadblocks.
- Honoring The 29th – DNRonline.com - Much as on D-Day itself, when comrades and friends during the greatest invasion known to man looked after each other on Normandy’s beaches, a resolution in the General Assembly honoring their deeds was a team effort, involving public servants up and down the Shenadoah Valley.
- Senator Stephen Newman
- Compromise reached on charter schools – The Times Dispatch - The McDonnell administration and state education groups have fashioned a compromise on charter school legislation that would leave final approval with local school boards and give one of the governor’s marquee initiatives a better shot at passage.
- Senator Mark Obenshain
- Bill to give schools more course control advances – The Virginian-Pilot - With expected budget cuts, a bill that would delay some accreditation standards, but not graduation, is heading for approval.