The following are articles from newspapers, blogs, and other news sources throughout the Commonwealth and the country featuring members of the Virginia Senate Republican Caucus.
- Senator Robert Hurt
- Bolling holds roundtable broadband discussion in Danville – GoDanRiver.com - Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling joined local government and business leaders Wednesday in Danville for a roundtable discussion about what works and what doesn’t with Virginia’s broadband coverage.
- Senator Stephen Martin
- Pew Applauds Virginia for Leading Military and Overseas Voting Improvements – The Pew Center on the States - Answering a call first issued by President Harry Truman nearly 60 years ago, Virginia today took a significant step forward in addressing the disenfranchisement of military and overseas voters.
- Senator Mark Obenshain
- Veto session a mixed bag – Roanoke Times - Gov. Bob McDonnell won legislative approval Wednesday for a proposal designed to clarify restrictions on funding for abortions, but lawmakers defeated budget amendments that would affect community-based mental health services and phase out state funding for public broadcasting.
- Senator Frank Ruff
- Bolling: Grants will help rural Virginia attract jobs – The News & Advance - Virginia’s rural areas are getting lots of economic-development help from the state, Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling told a meeting of rural leaders in Lynchburg on Wednesday.
- BIT gets 18.9 M grant – South Hill Enterprise - Buggs Island Telephone Cooperative (BIT) General Manager Mickey Sims has been waiting for months on a decision on the application for an $18.9 million grant to help BIT to build, operate and maintain a wireless rural broadband and voice network across Southside Virginia.